NEW MUSICAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
The Paramount Theatre Broadway Series is an award-winning producer of large scale musicals in Aurora, Illinois, located just outside of Chicago. We are committed to creating high-quality, Broadway-scale productions for our Broadway Series housed in the beautiful, historic 1,843-seat Paramount Theatre.
We have a passion and commitment to not only producing revived and re-imaged Broadway classics, but also contributing to the great musical theater catalog by developing new works for the Paramount stage and our growing audience.
The New Works Program at the Paramount operates year-round collaborating and partnering with writers in development of a new piece. It is committed to providing a safe, creative, collaborative and flexible environment to address the specific needs of a new work in its journey from page to stage.
- To advance the art form of musical theatre by creating, discovering, developing and producing new musicals for the Paramount Theatre and audiences nationwide
- To respond to and support the specific needs of each project through their development
- To establish and create partnerships with writers and producers in Chicago and around the world
Submission Guidelines for New Works
Paramount Theatre holds an open submission policy for all new works in progress from writers that are located in the Chicagoland Area. All other submissions will be taken by invitation and agent submission only.
If you would like your work considered for development at the Paramount Theatre, please send the following materials:
- A script (or treatment of scene sample and summary if a full script has not been drafted)
- Demos of at least 3 songs (2 preferably within the first 30 pages)
- Writing resume with current contact information
- Bios of writing teams
Please submit materials using one of the following options:
- E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with links to digital copies (no attachments over 1 MB)
- Mail hard copies to the following address:
New Works Program
Aurora Civic Center Authority
8 E. Galena Blvd
Aurora, IL 60506
The Inception Project
As a part of Paramount’s ED&I and New Works Efforts, the Paramount hosted a table read of Iobairt, and original musical about belonging, written by Christian Thompson and Maria Wirries.