DID YOU KNOW?
If you paid more than $88 (including fees) for your Broadway ticket, you purchased from a scalper.
What’s the problem? The problem is that you were scammed and paid too much. You could have purchased that same exact ticket in the same exact seat from our official website at a fraction of the cost. These scalper websites may look official but are not. There is only one Paramount website: paramountaurora.com. We do not want anyone to overpay for tickets.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU BUY FROM SCALPERS?
- A scalper will make you feel like you’re buying the best seats at a premium price – as if you can’t get these seats at this price anywhere else.
- The scalper will offer you a “zone” or “section” of seats, instead of a specific seat number. This is because they don’t actually have the tickets in their hands yet.
- Once you purchase tickets from a scalper, they will call our box office or visit our official website to buy your tickets under different aliases.
- You are overpaying for tickets and making a profit for the scalper. For example, Elf The Musical tickets are no more than $88 (and that’s with all possible fees) but are selling at nearly $400 on scalper websites – which means scalpers are profiting the difference.
- If the URL is NOT “ParamountAurora.com” or “Events.ParamountAurora.com”
- If tickets are not on sale yet but available on these sites
- If you are paying more than $88 total per ticket for a Broadway show or any price (plus fees) listed on the ParamountAurora.com website
- If you are not given a specific seat number before giving your payment info
- If you do not receive a confirmation email via firstname.lastname@example.org immediately after ordering tickets
DO NOT OVERPAY FOR TICKETS
Help us spread the word. If you have purchased tickets from a scalper, please let us know. If anyone is in doubt when buying tickets, please call our Box Office at 630-896-6666 and talk to any of our staff. Thanks for your help.
CBS NEWS INVESTIGATES
2 Investigators Expose Ticket Sales Traps
CHICAGO (CBS) — When you go online to buy tickets for a play, a concert or sporting event, be sure you know who you are buying from. READ MORE