A Letter to Subscribers
After months of monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic while consulting with state and local health officials, state and local government representatives and endless professionals around the country, it’s become evident that we have to adapt our plans one more time.
It’s with a heavy heart that I announce we are postponing the entire 2020/2021 Paramount Broadway season one year, until 2021/2022. Despite our best efforts, we can’t find a path forward for this season. We don’t know when a vaccine will be developed and available or when capacity restrictions will be lifted, but we do know that, for the foreseeable future, it would be difficult to do shows and keep everyone safe.
A theater is a sanctuary that bonds strangers through shared experiences, awakens the heart through powerful performances and stirs the soul through transformative stories. We understand the void that is created by Paramount’s stage being bare. We know this impacts our community. Please know, our lights are merely dimmed right now, and after this intermission, they will shine brighter than ever. We will all be together when that curtain rises again and the overture fills the air.
We will open Kinky Boots on June 30, 2021. Our 10th Anniversary Season will then begin on September 1, 2021. Although forced to delay the Broadway season, the scheduled performances of Killer Queen, Frank Caliendo, Jay Leno and Straight No Chaser are still on sale and will take place as scheduled. If you have tickets to these shows, please hold on to them, as they are still valid.
Our Updated Performance Schedule:
- Killer Queen April 3, 2021
- Frank Caliendo June 5, 2021
- Jay Leno June 11, 2021
- Straight No Chaser June 12, 2021
- Kinky Boots June 30–August 15, 2021
- Rock of Ages September 1–October 17, 2021
- Cinderella November 10, 2021–January 9, 2022
- Groundhog Day January 26–March 13, 2022
- Ragtime April 13–May 29, 2022
What This Means for You:
- IF YOU RENEWED FOR THE 2020/2021 SEASON
- You are good to go, and there is nothing you need to do. The money you paid for the 4 shows in the 2020/2021 season will now be applied to those same 4 shows in 2021/2022 season. Your tickets with updated show dates and times will be sent to you prior to the start of the season. If you requested a change to your seats for the upcoming season, you will be contacted in the spring to discuss seating options. Once all subscribers are seated, you will have the opportunity to make exchanges, purchase additional tickets and purchase Premium Guest Experience.
- IF YOU PRE-ORDERED A NEW SUBSCRIPTION FOR THE 2020/2021 SEASON
- After we have seated all renewing subscribers, we will reach out to you in the spring to review seating options. Since you pre-ordered, you will be seated after renewing subscribers and before subscriptions are made available again to new subscribers. Your order will still be honored in the order in which it was received for the 2020/2021 season.
- IF YOU DID NOT RENEW FOR THE 2020/2021 SEASON
- We understand this difficult time may have prevented you from committing to the 2020-2021 season. The now 2021/2022 season will go back on sale in the spring, and you will have the opportunity to purchase seats before they go on sale to the general public.
- IF YOU NEED A GROUP RESERVATION FOR THE 2020/2021 SEASON
- In the spring, groups will have the opportunity to make reservations for our 10th Anniversary Broadway Season. Groups will continue to be seated after current subscribers but before tickets go on sale to the general public.
We’ll keep you updated along the way, but if you have any questions, please feel free to call the box office at 630-896-6666 Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m.–2 p.m., or email email@example.com.
It warms my heart that so many subscribers have renewed their subscription for next season. We are grateful for your patience and support as we continue to find our way through these challenging times.
We will be in touch again soon. Until then, we hope you and your loved ones are healthy and safe.
President and Chief Executive Officer