“Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.” -Alexander Graham Bell
Got a big audition coming up? Let’s prepare together! Our Acting & Musical Theater Audition Coaches will help prepare you for each part of the audition process. Whether it’s your school musical or a professional callback, we want you to feel confident and prepared to bring your best self into the room.
Middle / High School Audition Coaching
For adolescent students looking to prepare an audition for educational or community theater
2 or 3 sessions
- Preliminary audition work — table talk and on-your-feet coaching.
- On-your-feet polishing of audition material, callback prep
- Callback prep
Professional Audition Coaching
For all ages auditioning for a professional theater or on-camera work
- Sessions vary depending on project and material.
College Audition Coaching
For students preparing for the college audition process
10 sessions (standard)
- Consultation / Sing through rep. Run through any prepared monologues.
- This session should allow the instructor to spot holes in the student repertoire and begin searching for subsequent material.
- Try and allow 15-20 minutes in this session to do some preliminary on-your-feet (OYF) work with a piece that is likely to stay in their book. This is important for both the student and the teacher to begin to understand how both like to communicate.
- Book work on one pre-screen piece, OYF work on one pre-screen piece.
- New material should also be presented to the student in this session, if not earlier.
- Book work on an additional pre-screen piece, OYF work on at least one pre-screen piece.
- Book work on both pre-screen monologues. OYF work for one pre-screen monologue.
- OYF work for both pre-screen monologues. Review songs for pre-screens.
- Film pre-screen pieces for schools. Freshen / coach pieces that need short reviews.
- Review pre-screen materials. Begin prep on an additional piece
- This should be your final session to spot holes in the student’s repertoire.
- Book work and OYF work for additional material.
- Run through core pieces with adjustments.
- Use this session as an opportunity to throw dramatic adjustments at students. Encourage them taking adjustments from an auditor, asking questions, and following through adjustments with full commitment.
- Be sure to reset the piece student if they need it. However, some of these adjustments may positively impact the piece. Allow for time to acknowledge and discuss those.
- Run through rep and polish necessary moments.
Prices range based on teacher experience and education level — $75-$125 for one hour or $115-$186 for 90 minutes. We recommend 10 sessions for college audition coaching, 3 sessions for professional coaching and 2 sessions for community / high school audition coaching.
sign up today!
Submit your inquiry using the button above. Login or create new account, then choose Audition Coaching when filling out the form.