Calling All Singers & Songwriters!
We may not be able to bring you live theater right now, but Paramount Theatre’s New Works Development Department is creating a BRAND NEW social media concert series… and we need YOU!
Each Wednesday, we will post a theme for the week and ask singers/songwriters to create a song for the theme. We will put together a concert with the videos and post it on our Facebook page 10 days later. Concerts will be posted each Saturday at 8 PM starting April 4, 2020.Watch All Connection Concerts
A Different Theme Every Week!
MARCH 29–APRIL 4
- Theme: Student songwriters to write a song delving in to their connection to school.
- Submission deadline: Friday, April 3, noon
- Concert Airs on Facebook: Saturday, April 4, 8 PM
APRIL 5–APRIL 11
- Theme: Songwriters from our hometown of Aurora, as well as the entire Chicago area, to write a song that connects you to “home.” It can be anything from what home means to you now, to how you relate to home, to cleaning your home, to schooling in your home, etc. Serious or silly, your song will help brighten our day and entertain our Paramount Family.
- Submission deadline: Wednesday, April 8, 5 PM
- Concert Airs on Facebook: Saturday, April 11, 8 PM
APRIL 12–APRIL 18
- Theme: This week, let’s celebrate healthcare providers and essential workers! Write and perform a song, poem or story with your message to those dedicating themselves to keep others safe and supplied. Have you had a memorable experience with doctors, nurses, food preparation workers, cleaning crews or have a connection to an essential worker? We want to hear all about it.
- Submission deadline: Wednesday, April 15, midnight
- Concert Airs on Facebook: Saturday, April 18, 8 PM
APRIL 19–APRIL 25
- Theme: It’s been about one month under stay-at-home orders and social distancing requirements. To honor that, this week’s theme is to perform an original song or dance that reflects your connection to the passage of time.
- Submission deadline: Wednesday, April 22, midnight
- Concert Airs on Facebook: Saturday, April 25, 8 PM
APRIL 26–MAY 2
- Theme: Time to focus on your connection to Friendship. How have you been staying connected with your friends? We want to encourage you to create art with friends – socially distanced and virtually.
- Submission deadline: Wednesday, April 29, midnight
- Concert Airs on Facebook: Saturday, May 2, 8 PM
MAY 3–MAY 9
- Theme: Let’s celebrate Mom! We invite singers, songwriters, dancers, choreographers and writers to create or cover a song that celebrates mothers/motherhood in honor of the Mother’s Day holiday. Create an original song or sing a cover of a song that connects to this theme.
- Deadline: Wednesday, May 6, midnight
- Concert Airs on Facebook: Saturday, May 9, 8 PM
MAY 10–MAY 16
- Theme: An original song or cover of a song, dance or spoken word, that celebrates the little things in life that you’ve come to appreciate now.
- Deadline: Wednesday, May 13, midnight
- Concert Airs on Facebook: Saturday, May 16, 8 PM
MAY 17–MAY 23
- Theme: An original song or cover of a song, dance or spoken word that honors and celebrates someone in your life that represents courage and/or bravery.
- Deadline: Wednesday, May 20, midnight
- Concert Airs on Facebook: Saturday, May 23, 8 p.m.
MAY 24–MAY 30
- Theme: Create a satirical song, dance, or sketch that parodies your stay-at-home experience.
- Deadline: Wednesday, May 27, midnight
- Concert Airs on Facebook: Saturday, May 30, 8 p.m.
CHECK FOR MORE THEMES!
Some submission hints: All ages and experience levels are welcome. If filming with a cell phone, horizontal orientation is preferred but not required. If you are a writer and not a performer, we can connect you with singers who have volunteered to perform your material and record it. For any other questions about the submission process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.