WANTED: Front of House Management Intern
Position: Front of House Management Intern
Organization: Aurora Civic Center Authority
The Aurora Civic Center Authority in Aurora, Illinois – a $14 million organization – is seeking a Front of House Intern. The Paramount organization has three venues: the 8,500-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,888-seat Paramount Theatre and the 173-seat Copley Theatre.
Located in the heart of downtown Aurora (the second largest City in Illinois), along the Fox River, the 83-year-old landmark theatre played host to over 300,000 patrons last season that enjoyed comedy, dance, concerts, family programming and the self-produced Broadway Series shows. The ideal candidate is a team player who thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment.
Reporting: This position reports to the Front of House Manager
Hire Date: Immediate
- Research opportunities and advance details to help expanding our Volunteer Usher Program.
- Research and create protocol for successful staff management.
- Explore and implement effective inventory management of products and equipment.
- Complete important but time consuming tasks with attention to detail.
- Be present at theatre during several shows throughout the fall.
- Interact with patrons and ushers during the run of our Broadway Shows as well as Specialty Events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Students must receive college credit. All internships with Aurora Civic Center Authority are unpaid. Students must have written recommendation from the staff or faculty member at their college/university that has oversight of the internship program. Recommendation must be submitted with the application. Applicant will not be allowed to start the internship without one of the following: transcript confirming that the student will receive college credit for internship, proof of class registration, or certified letter from the participating institute.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Creative, so when given lead on a project, intern can produce a vision of potentials outcomes.
- Motivated, self-starter who can take minimal directions and see a project from start to completion.
- Has a desire to learn about a theatre from the ground up especially in areas of bar management and patron experience.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Position is seasonal and for internship credit. Hours include evenings and weekends.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter, resume and recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Front of House Internship” or mail it to:
Paramount Theatre*ATTN: Jenna Gagliano *8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230*Aurora, IL 60506
Phone calls will not be accepted. ACCA is an equal opportunity employer.