WANTED: Bus Duty Crew
Position: Bus Duty Crew (Part-Time)
Organization: Aurora Civic Center Authority
The Aurora Civic Center Authority in Aurora, Illinois – a $14 million organization – is seeking Bus Duty staff. The Paramount organization has three venues: the 7,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,851-seat Paramount Theatre and the 173-seat Copley Theatre.
Located in the heart of downtown Aurora (the second largest City in Illinois), along the Fox River, the 85-year-old landmark theatre played host to over 300,000 patrons last season that enjoyed comedy, dance, concerts, family programming and the self-produced Broadway Series shows. The ideal candidate is a team player who thrives in extremely fast-paced environment.
Reporting: Group Sales Manager
Hire Date: Immediate
- Must ensure that all traffic cones and “no parking” cones are properly set prior to bus arrival and put away in a timely manner after bus departure.
- Be able to follow bus arrival/departure schedule as detailed on the bus sheets without guidance.
- Responsible for managing the arrival of buses, directing bus parking, and bus dismissal both on Galena Blvd and at the remote bus lot located at Spruce St.
- Communicate clearly and consistently with other Bus Duty Crew, Group Sales Manager, and Front of House Manager as buses arrive/depart.
- Manage dismissal of patrons (all age ranges) from busses and direct them in conjunction with direction from FOH and Group Sales Managers to appropriate theatre entrances.
- Be cognizant at all times to ensure the safety of patrons and drivers as they arrive and depart.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each key responsibility satisfactorily.
- Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in all types of weather conditions (including inclement weather) without sitting or leaning.
- Possess the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body and arms, work under variable temperatures and noise levels.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to quickly and adeptly adapt to changes in a fast-paced work environment.
- Availability as all group shows require, including week days and evenings and weekends.
- Must be willing to submit to a background screening upon hiring.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to take minimal directions.
- Able to handle fast paced environment.
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor while working with clients present.
- Able to communicate effectively with coworkers and patrons.
- Available for occasional morning, afternoon, evening and weekend hours.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Position is part-time, hourly. Hours vary and may include evenings and weekends and are show dependent.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Bus Duty Crew,” or mail to: Paramount Theatre * ATTN: Melissa Striedl * 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230*Aurora, IL 60506
Phone calls will not be accepted. ACCA is an equal opportunity employer.