WANTED: Theatre & Banquet Rental Internship
Position: Theatre & Banquet Rental Internship
Organization: Aurora Civic Center Authority
The Aurora Civic Center Authority in Aurora, Illinois – a $14 million organization – is seeking a Theatre and Banquet Rental Intern. The Paramount organization has three venues: the 8,500-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,888-seat Paramount Theatre and the 216-seat Copley Theatre.
Located in the heart of downtown Aurora (the second largest City in Illinois), along the Fox River, the 83-year-old landmark theatre played host to over 300,000 patrons last season that enjoyed comedy, dance, concerts, family programming and the self-produced Broadway Series shows. The ideal candidate is a team player who thrives in extremely fast-paced environment.
Reporting: This position reports to the Paramount & Copley Theatres/RiverEdge Park Rentals Manager
Hire Date: Immediate
- Help with meeting and conducting site-visits with potential rental clients of both indoor and outdoor events at multiple venues.
- Create event budget and cost analysis reports as well as rental estimates for potential clients.
- Learn to negotiate and write-up event contracts and develop a rapport with rental clients.
- Learn how to “advance” events, create event re-cap documents, and closeout reports.
- Complete important but time consuming tasks with attention to detail.
- Be present at event site during several events to learn how to manage events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Students must receive college credit. All internships with Aurora Civic Center Authority are unpaid. Students must have written recommendation from the staff or faculty member at their college/university that has oversight of the internship program. Recommendation must be submitted with the application. Applicant will not be allowed to start the internship without one of the following: transcript confirming that the student will receive college credit for internship, proof of class registration, or certified letter from the participating institute.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Interested to learn about costs, contracts, and management of events.
- Excited to meet & work with people & able to research events considered “outside-of-the box”.
- Able to envision a client’s event and help that vision become a reality.
- Creative, so when given lead on a project, intern can produce a vision of potentials outcomes.
- Motivated, self-starter who can take minimal directions and see a project through from start to completion.
- Able to help with some set-up and tear-down of tables, chairs, podium, microphone stands, etc.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Position is seasonal and for internship credit. Hours include evenings and weekends.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line“Theatre and Banquet Rental Internship” or mail it to:
Paramount Theatre*ATTN: Bill Pope *8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230*Aurora, IL 60506
Phone calls will not be accepted. ACCA is an equal opportunity employer.