WANTED: Education & Community Engagement Assistant
Position: Education & Community Engagement Assistant (Part-Time)
Organization: Aurora Civic Center Authority
The Aurora Civic Center Authority in Aurora, Illinois is seeking an Education and Community Engagement Assistant. The Paramount organization has three venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,888-seat Paramount Theatre and the 173-seat Copley Theatre. Coming in 2019, The Aurora Arts Centre which includes The Paramount School of the Arts, new rehearsal space, and guest artist apartments.
Located in the heart of downtown Aurora (the second largest City in Illinois), along the Fox River, the 87-year-old landmark theatre played host to over 300,000 patrons last season that enjoyed comedy, dance, concerts, family programming and the self-produced Broadway Series shows. The ideal candidate is a team player who thrives in extremely fast-paced environment.
Reporting: This position reports to Director of Education & Community Engagement
Hire Date: Immediate
Assist the Director of Education and Community Engagement in department duties, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Achieve the strategic and annual goals developed in consultation with the Director of Education and Community Engagement.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with the Director of Education and Community Engagement, staff, volunteers and other stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with schools, community organizations, volunteers, school personnel and the Greater Aurora community.
- Raise awareness of the Paramount and The Paramount School of the Arts through networking, community presentations and attendance at community functions.
- Work with the Director of Education and Community Engagement to design programming for the Paramount School of the Arts.
- Design Innovative children and adult programs, classes and workshops.
- Write content for a variety of projects including Broadway Series study guides, website content and class curriculum.
- Support and protect the Paramount brand.
- Advocate within the institution for education and engagement activities.
- Collaborate with Director of Education and Community Engagement on creating events and engagement activities.
- Follow policies and procedures designed to ensure safety for children attending any educational activities.
- Ensure that all applicable state and federal guidelines are upheld.
- Perform administrative duties such as database management and creation, general filing and correspondence.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 2+ years of teaching experience in the arts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding and appreciation of the performing arts
- Fluency in Spanish language is preferred, but not required
- Intermediate computer skills
- Outlook Express
- Experience with MS Word and Excel
- Adobe Creative Suite (experience helpful, but not necessary)
- Social Media Platforms
- Search Engine Navigation for research purposes
20 hours per week. Hours to be determined and require a flexible schedule to accommodate some evenings and weekends when necessary.
Position is part-time, hourly. Position offers paid vacation based on hours worked.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit cover letter, resume and list of three references. Qualified candidates should apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line: Education and Community Engagement Assistant Position.
Please no phone calls or personal drop offs. ACCA is an equal opportunity employer.