WANTED: Banquet Set-Up Crew
Position: Banquet Set Up Crew (Part-Time)
Organization: Aurora Civic Center Authority
The Aurora Civic Center Authority in Aurora, Illinois, is seeking Banquet Set Up staff. The Paramount organization has three venues: the 8,500-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,888-seat Paramount Theatre and the 173-seat Copley Theatre.
Located in the heart of downtown Aurora (the second largest City in Illinois), along the Fox River, the 85-year-old landmark theatre played host to over 300,000 patrons last season that enjoyed comedy, dance, concerts, family programming and the self-produced Broadway Series shows. The ideal candidate is a team player who thrives in extremely fast-paced environment.
Reporting: This position reports to the Special Events Director
Hire Date: Immediate
- Must ensure that all banquet and meeting rooms are properly set in a timely manner.
- Be able to follow layouts as prescribed on the event sheets and floor plans without guidance.
- Responsible for timely and safe breakdown of meeting rooms after event completion.
- Organizes and cleans banquet storage, linen storage shelves and the concessions cage.
- Assist in moving concessions product.
- Move and prepare large bar equipment in banquet rooms.
- Change the marquee.
- Launder, fold and place linens.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time without sitting or leaning.
- Possess the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body and arms, work under variable temperatures and noise levels.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Willing to work long shifts.
- Availability as all rental events require, including nights and weekends.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to take minimal directions to complete room set-up tear-down and other preparations.
- Able to handle fast paced environment.
- Professional demeanor while working with clients present.
- Available for early morning and late night hours.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Position is part-time, hourly. $12/hour. Hours include evenings and weekends and are event dependent.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Banquet Set Up” or mail it to:
Paramount Theatre*ATTN: Jennifer Binversie-Hahn*8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230*Aurora, IL 60506
Phone calls will not be accepted. ACCA is an equal opportunity employer.