WANTED: Event Coordinator Internship
Position: Event Coordinator Internship
Organization: Aurora Civic Center Authority
The Aurora Civic Center Authority in Aurora, Illinois – a $14 million organization – is seeking an Event Coordinator Intern. The Paramount organization has three venues: the 8,500-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,888-seat Paramount Theatre and the 216-seat Copley Theatre.
Located in the heart of downtown Aurora (the second largest City in Illinois), along the Fox River, the 83-year-old landmark theatre played host to over 200,000 patrons last season that enjoyed comedy, dance, concerts, family programming and the self-produced Broadway Series shows. The ideal candidate is a team player who thrives in extremely fast-paced environment.
Reporting: This position reports to the Front of House Operations Director and Event Manager
Hire Date: Immediate
- Help with research, planning and implementation of both indoor and outdoor events at multiple venues.
- Research and vision cast to create protocol for successful staff management.
- Explore and implement effective inventory management of products and equipment at multiple venues.
- Complete important but time consuming tasks with attention to detail.
- Be present at event site during several events throughout the fall.
- Interact with clients for pre-event meetings as well as day of event.
- Assist with advancing details for variety of events and banquets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Students must receive college credit. All internships with Aurora Civic Center Authority are unpaid. Students must have written recommendation from the staff or faculty member at their college/university that has oversight of the internship program. Recommendation must be submitted with the application. Applicant will not be allowed to start the internship without one of the following: transcript confirming that the student will receive college credit for internship, proof of class registration, or certified letter from the participating institute.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Creative, so when given lead on a project, intern can produce a vision of potentials outcomes.
- Motivated, self-starter who can take minimal directions and see a project from start to completion.
- Hands-on with set-up and tear-down of festival grounds and inventory movement.
- Has a desire to learn about an event site from the ground up especially in areas of bar management and patron experience.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Position is seasonal and for internship credit. Hours include evenings and weekends.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and recommendation letter to email@example.com with subject line“Event Coordinator Internship” or mail it to:
Paramount Theatre*ATTN: Jennifer Binversie-Hahn *8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230*Aurora, IL 60506
Phone calls will not be accepted. ACCA is an equal opportunity employer.