WANTED: Audience Services Associate
Position: Audience Services Associate (Part-Time)
Organization: Aurora Civic Center Authority/Paramount Theatre, Aurora Illinois
The Aurora Civic Center Authority in Aurora, Illinois, is seeking an Audience Services Associate. The Paramount organization has three venues: the 8,500-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,888-seat Paramount Theatre and the 173-seat Copley Theatre.
Located in the heart of downtown Aurora (the second largest City in Illinois), along the Fox River, the 85-year-old landmark theatre played host to over 300,000 patrons last season that enjoyed comedy, dance, concerts, family programming and the self-produced Broadway Series shows.
The ideal candidate must be friendly and upbeat with an outgoing personality and love working in a fun, continuously changing and fast-paced environment. Flexible P/T weekday shifts available. Positions are year round with paid training and opportunities for advancement. Ideal for new grads, college students and anyone looking for a way to be a part of one of the fastest growing theatres in the Chicago area. Our staff is cross-trained to handle both incoming and outgoing sales calls, merchandise sales and other general theatre duties.
Hire Date: Immediate
- Field inbound calls with ticketing or subscription inquiries and be able to respond to customer needs promptly and professionally
- Ensure the best possible experience for the patron
- Become familiar with the most up-to-date show information and be able to communicate that to patrons
- Handle cash and reporting
- Coordinate duties as assigned by the Audience Services Management Staff to ensure all projects are completed in a timely manner
- Experience in a box office or busy sales environment
- Experience with or willingness to quickly and adeptly learn a computerized ticketing system
- Ability to demonstrate unfailing commitment to customer service and respond promptly to customer needs while upholding the organization’s values
- Reliable and personable with a collaborative spirit; must be open to taking on new tasks and challenges and able to adapt to changes in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to work outdoors during RiverEdge Park season and possibly in inclement weather
- Position is part-time, hourly.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Audience Services Associate, or mail to Paramount Theatre, ATTN: Audience Services Director, 8 East Galena Blvd. Suite 230, Aurora IL 60506.
Phone calls will not be accepted. ACCA is an equal opportunity employer.